Thursday, June 09, 2005

The sandstorm

It was usual evening. I called up parents and declared my home coming plan :) they were shocked to hear that i am going to stay there just for a week. n did not like the idea of going to coimbatore for another week :(
Someone reminded me of 'October Sky'. Yeah, watching movies and taking bath are the only things I am doing regularly. The movie was about to have pleasant twist and power went off. This was the last thing I was expecting. But was glad that gonna have one more lawn session under street light with The fountainhead. I let him search for candle and match. Lazy me, will spend night without light but not the candle business :)
I searched for a door. N I opened it. I yelled "Sir, did u see that". He,"Ya, I can hear it." Me,"It's not about hearing .. see it". Though nothing to see but dust. It was standstorm outside. It was 10:45 pm and for the first time I was witnessing the night standstorm. It was dark and dusty. The visibility less than 10 m. The wind was like devil howling for only sake of showing his anger, forcing everyone to move in the direction according to his whims and fancy. The dust was flowing all over. The nature was trying to prove its existance. I was glad I did not miss it.
I wished if i had Harry Potter's broom. "Do u have dust allergy?". "Yeah". "OK, I am going outside. I dont have it :)". He joined after covering his face with hanky. It was great surrendering to the nature. Accepting its superiority. Feeling the thrust. The smell of dust. Sprinkling. The wet soil. Darkness.N everything. Everything as it. As natural as it is. The standstorm, nature's own exhibition of power.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karthik Kumar Viswanathan said...

wow!!! i love sandstorms .. (except for that the fact that i need to take teh broom when it's in the room) ... can't wait to feel it again!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The description makes me miss BITS! & oh yeah...we do need brooms(whether harry potter's or mittal store's) after the nature's play to bring the ransacked room back to shape!

6:40 AM  
Blogger kaps said...

Gr8 .. atleast thre are ppl who reads my blogs .. btw who was that

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home